Go Red For Women inspires women to make lifestyle changes, mobilize communities, and shape policies to save lives. United, we are working to improve the heart-health of women – mothers, sisters, daughters, friends – and their families in your community.
We all have a reason to live longer, healthier lives.
What’s your reason?
❮❮Learn about Melanie’s reason to Go Red
Over the past 10 years, through the Go Red For Women campaign, the American Heart Association has helped save more than 627,000 women from heart disease through education, awareness and research and policy advancements; 330 fewer women die from heart disease every day than did 10 years ago, but heart diseases and stroke are still the No. 1 killer of women taking the life of 1 in 3 women each year. Stay Healthy with annual Well Woman visits, know your family health-history and know your numbers (blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, BMI). Learn the steps to get healthier with exercise and start a program to quit smoking.
Raise Awareness & Funds @HeartAssocMN
$5 per post, up to $25,000,
to the Go Red For Women campaign in Minnesota.
Know the Heart Attack Red Flags
- Chest pain or uncomfortable chest pressure that lasts longer than a few minutes
- Arm discomfort (especially while under stress or during activity)
- Indigestion, abdominal pain or heart burn-like pain
- Dizziness or Cold sweats
- Shortness of breath (often without chest pain)
- Pain in the upper back, shoulders, between the shoulder blades, or in the neck or jaw
- Flu-like symptoms such as nausea or vomiting or unexplained fatigue or weakness
- Abnormal heartbeats (palpitations)
Go Red Events:
Friday, February 5, 2016
National Wear Red Day (Everywhere)
Join millions of women and businesses across the country and “Wear Red” to raise awareness.
Thursday, February 11, 2016
Go Wild at Heart (Xcel Energy Center, 7 p.m.)
Watch the Minnesota Wild take on the Washington Capitals. Go Red is the Wild’s charity of the month and featured charity at the game.
Saturday, February 13, 2016
Go Red at MOA (Mall of America, 11 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.)
Attend this free health fair throughout the MOA, with information, giveaways and fun for women of all ages.
- Go Red “Hearts for Fashion Show” by Boston Scientific
- Share Your Story – Go Red Casting Call
- CPR Training
- Free Blood Pressure Screening
- Live Social Media “Selfie” Wall
- Latin Dancing
MN Red Dress Collection
Loews Hotel, Minneapolis, 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Carly Aplin hosts her 5th Red Dress Collection. This unique event features celebrity designers and models. The proceeds benefit Go Red For women.
More info: RedDressMN.com