Alec Baldwin is making light of his latest New York bust up after pleading guilty to fighting with another man over a parking space.
The actor pleaded guilty to second-degree harassment last month (Jan19) and was ordered to attend anger management classes and pay a fine after he was accused of pushing and striking another motorist during the 2018 dispute.
The former 30 Rock star, 60, allegedly admitted he pushed the man after he “stole” his parking spot, but he denied reports he punched the guy.
Appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Monday (04Feb19), Alec, who and previously hit the headlines after clashing with a photographer near his West Village home in 2013, poked fun at his latest heated exchange, joking, “I punched a nun. I pulled her out of her car…”
“Did I have an argument with a guy? Yeah,” he said. “I thought he was going to run my wife over with his car when he was stealing my parking spot.”
But Baldwin is adamant he never punched anyone, insisting video evidence shows him pushing the other guy – and that’s it.
“What’s interesting is that in New York… there’s cameras everywhere… They (media) said I punched this guy, which was not true.
“The cameras show from every angle that no one punched anybody. But once that story is out there… the DA (District Attorney) never gets out there after the fact and says, ‘Mr. Baldwin is such a great guy. He would never do a thing (like that)’.”
And the actor insists that he and his alleged victim are no longer at loggerheads, adding, “Now he and I are best friends.”
– Cover Media0