Week 8 of The Bachelor was hometowns!! Colton went to the four remaining finalists’ hometowns.
The 6 things you need to know:
- Caelynn’s hometown: Fredericksburg, Virginia. This was kind of a snooze, but it was funny when her dad (actually stepdad but he raised her) John asked Caelynn if she and Colton could just be friends. Poor Dad. Caelynn also told Colton she was fully in love with him. Colton asked for dad John’s blessing – the first of many asks – and got it.
- Hannah G.’s hometown: Things livened up with an etiquette class in Hannah G.’s hometown of Birmingham, Alabama. Colton learning how to eat a roll was priceless. Hannah’s family was protective, but Colton ultimately earned their blessing.
- Tayshia’s hometown: Tayshia came in hot, kicking off her hometown date in Orange County, CA with a skydive jump. It looked like it might end their relationship, but they both enjoyed and bonded over it. Tayshia’s dad was a tough cookie, but Colton ultimately earned his blessing.
- Cassie’s hometown: The two went surfing before meeting Cassie’s beautiful but concerned family in Huntington Beach, CA.
— RG (@meangirlz103) February 26, 2019
Cassie hasn’t told Colton about her feelings, and he did not get her father’s blessing. The game of hard to get seems to be working.
- Eliminated: Caelynn. She was blindsided, and it felt authentically sad. Caelynn posted this on social media after the episode, so it’s all for the best:
View this post on Instagram
Wow, it’s a weird thing watching yourself fall in love on TV. These past few months have been really difficult. I put my whole heart on the line and I fell in love with an incredible man in the strangest way. Colton, thank you. You constantly pushed me and challenged me, and I walked away from all of this a better person. Mom, John, and the entire fam, thanks for going through this wild journey with me. I love you all, and am so thankful you could be there during this. No matter what happened, this was the best experience of my life and I came out stronger. Thank you all for letting me share my life with you. I appreciate the love and support
- Fence jumping: We’re still waiting for it. Maybe next week?! There was a hard tease for it in this week’s promo.
Subscribe to the You Get A Rose podcast for all Bachelor Nation updates, with episodes posted every Wednesday at 3 pm CST throughout the season.
The Bachelor airs Mondays on ABC at 7 pm CST.0