American Cancer Society – Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
Making Strides walks are the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting communities with a shared determination to help free the world from the pain and suffering of breast cancer.
This year, myTalk’s Alexis Thompson will be leading a team of her own Team Alexis at Mall of America on Saturday, October 26th for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
Twin Cities-based Angel Foundation provides emergency financial assistance, education and support to local adults with cancer and their families.
Breast Cancer Education Association
Breast Cancer Education Association’s mission is to educate the community by providing support and information about detection, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. Their annual conference brings the community’s best medical and therapeutic breast health experts together for a day of learning on how to live as fully as possible when breast cancer touches your life.
Gilda’s Club – Twin Cities
Gilda’s Club is a Cancer Support Community where everyone living with cancer can come for social, emotional and psychological support. Gilda’s Club is run with the idea that no one should have to face cancer alone.
Hope Chest for Breast Cancer
Hope Chest’s purpose is to provide the quickest access to help with the most urgent emergency needs of local, financially challenged breast cancer patients. They have a mission of making a difference by lifting the burden.
Minnesota Cancer Alliance
The Minnesota Cancer Alliance is a broad partnership of organizations from across the state, all dedicated to reducing the burden of cancer from prevention and detection to treatment, survivorship, and end-of-life care.
National Breast Cancer Foundation
National Breast Cancer Foundation provides help and inspires hope to those affected by breast cancer through early detection, education and support services.
Open Arms of Minnesota is a nonprofit organization that cooks and delivers free meals tailored to meet the nutrition needs of individuals living with cancer and other life-threatening and chronic illnesses in the Twin Cities.
Pay It Forward Fund
A non-profit organization that helps patients pay their bills while they undergo treatment for breast and women’s cancers, covering essential living expenses so patients can focus on what’s really important – getting well.
SAGE – Minnesota Cancer Screening Programming from the MN Dept of Health
Sage Programs provide FREE mammograms, Pap tests, and colorectal cancer screening to those who qualify. Even if you have insurance, Sage can assist you in scheduling your appointment. Sage may even cover your costs for follow-up tests if needed. Call 1-888-6HEALTH to schedule your cancer screening appointment today!
Susan G. Komen for the Cure – Minnesota Affiliate
A mission to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer. Save the date to be a part of the myTalk Team at Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure®: May 10, 2020 at Southdale Center, Edina!
- Wednesday, October 2nd: Angel After Hours hosted by Angel Foundation’s Young Professionals Council Relax for happy hour, play trivia, and network with other young professionals who are supporting adults with cancer.
- Saturday, October 5th: Breast Cancer Education Association’s Annual Conference features renowned experts and resources on the latest in breast cancer research, nutrition, care and prevention.
- Saturday, October 12th: Gilda’s Club Twin Cities Inaugural Family Fall Festival – Gilda’s Club members, family and friends are welcome to join in on some extra special fall fun
- Saturday, October 12th: Team Alexis – Making Strides Against Breast Cancer recruitment at Southern Lights in Burnsville as myTalk 107.1’s Weekly Dish and Shop Girls both do LIVE shows 9am – 1pm.
- Wednesday, October 16th: Alexis and Dawn at Plastic Surgery Consultants and Minnesota Oncology’s Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day at The Westin Galleria.
- Thursday, October 24th: Hope Chests Fall Wine Dinner – An evening of fantastic wine and fundraising for the Hope Chest!
- Saturday, October 26th: Join Alexis Thompson’s Team Alexis on Saturday, October 26th at Mall of America for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.