Harry Styles has reportedly increased his security after he was robbed at knifepoint in London last week.
The former One Direction star is still recovering from a scary encounter with a man who pulled a knife on him in Hampstead on Valentine’s Day. The thug demanded cash from the singer and Styles quickly handed over what he had in his pockets.
Police officials have now confirmed an investigation is underway.
A source told Britain’s The Sun newspaper the Adore You star has taken matters into his own hands, hiring Mick Jagger’s former bodyguard to keep him safe while he’s out in public.
“Harry was on great form at the BRIT Awards, chatting to everyone and having a great time,” the insider said, following his performance at the annual ceremony on Tuesday.
“But we did notice his bodyguard was with him that evening. That’s understandable given that he was mugged so recently and has been the victim of a stalker in the past.”
They added: “Like Mick, he has to take security very seriously. And as Mick is such an idol of his, it makes sense that he would look to him to inspire his choice of staff – as well as his choices of fashion and hairstyles.”
Last year, it was reported that Harry splashed out on neighbouring properties surrounding his London home to create a “fortress”, after homeless man Pablo Tarazaga-Orero, 26, was found guilty of stalking the star after the singer attempted to help him with money and food.
He was later handed a restraining order and ordered to compensate the star, and faces jail time if he breaks the conditions of the agreement.
– Cover Media0