Josh Homme has been given the “all clear” following his battle with cancer.
The Queens of the Stone Age frontman revealed to Revolver in June that he was diagnosed with cancer last year and was in recovery after undergoing successful surgery to remove the cancer.
During a recent interview with ITV News, the 50-year-old was asked where he was at his cancer treatment.
“I’m good. I’m all clear,” he said. “It’s the kids that have made me feel better, you know, whether they’re out in the crowd or in my own home, so I feel the best I’ve felt all year.”
Homme previously called his cancer diagnosis the “cherry on top” of “the darkest four years of my life” thanks to the breakdown of his marriage to Brody Dalle in 2019 and the death of his former bandmate Mark Lanegan and Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins in 2022.
Reflecting on that time, he told ITV News, “I had a little heartache, and I had a little of this and a little of that. But also I’ve never learned so much so quickly. So I’m sort of thankful for it all at the end because I feel closer to the things that I truly love.
“It’s OK to be broad and say, ‘Dark times come’, but I guess more than ever I’m just trying to look for the light, you know?”
Following a bitter legal battle, the musician was granted temporary sole legal custody of his and Dalle’s three children in March 2022.
Homme gave the interview to promote Queens of the Stone Age’s U.K. and Ireland tour, which continues in Glasgow, Scotland on Saturday.
– Cover Media