Prince Harry and Meghan Markle cut ties with four U.K. newspapers – report
myTalk 107.1

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle cut ties with four U.K. newspapers – report

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have reportedly cut ties with four major U.K. newspapers as part of a “new media relations policy.”

Britain’s Prince Harry and his fiancee Meghan Markle pose for photographers during a photocall in the grounds of Kensington Palace in London, Monday Nov. 27, 2017. Britain’s royal palace says Prince Harry and actress Meghan Markle are engaged and will marry in the spring of 2018. (AP Photo/Matt Dunham)

The couple, who are currently living in Los Angeles with their 11-month-old son Archie, have instructed their legal team to send letters to the editors at the Daily Mail, The Sun, the Daily Express, and the Daily Mirror, according to a note obtained by The Guardian.

In the letters, Harry and Meghan explained they will no longer “offer themselves up as currency for the economy of clickbait or distortion”.

“This policy is not about avoiding criticism. It’s not about shutting down public conversation or censoring accurate reporting. Media have every right to report on and indeed have an opinion on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, good or bad. But it can’t be based on a lie,” they commented. “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have watched people they know – as well as complete strangers – have their lives completely pulled apart for no good reason, other than the fact that salacious gossip boosts advertising revenue. There is a real human cost to this way of doing business and it affects every corner of society.

“With that said, please note that The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not be engaging with your outlet. There will be no corroboration and zero engagement. This is also a policy being instated for their communications team, in order to protect that team from the side of the industry that readers never see.”

The decision to cut ties with the newspapers comes after Harry made the unprecedented move of issuing a statement urging British newspapers to tone down their reporting of his relationship with Meghan at the beginning of their romance.

Since marrying in May 2018, the pair have decided to step back as senior members of the British royal family, with their office officially closed earlier this month.

They cited the tabloid attention on their lives as one of their reasons for reconsidering their roles.

– Cover Media

0

myTalk 107.1

Your Radio Home of Everything Entertainment.

myTalk 107.1 | Email | @mytalk1071

Share This Post