Rose McGowan slams arrest warrant as attempt to ‘silence’ her
myTalk 107.1

Rose McGowan slams arrest warrant as attempt to ‘silence’ her

Rose McGowan has labeled a warrant issued for her arrest as an attempt to “silence” her.

The former Charmed actress has been one of the leading voices against sexual harassment and abuse in Hollywood, after claiming she was raped by disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.

Rose hit the headlines again on Monday night (30Oct17) when it was revealed she is under investigation for felony possession of a controlled substance.

According to reports, the 44-year-old star left some of her belongings behind on a United Airlines flight arriving into Washington Dulles International Airport in January. Police are said to have tested the items for narcotics and found they tested positive.

Rose is now wanted to appear in a Virginia court on the charge but took to Twitter to slam the arrest warrant.

“Are they trying to silence me? There is a warrant out for my arrest in Virginia. What a load of HORSES**T,” she tweeted.

She was immediately flooded with messages of support from her followers, with one writing: “Rose, you’ve got an army of angry women behind you. Just let them try…” Another added: “OMG Don’t stay silent Rose. I will support you always #RoseArmy.”

Rose was one of the main subjects of the original New York Times expose detailing years of alleged sexual abuse from Weinstein. She also revealed earlier this week that she was offered $1 million (£756,000) in “hush money” by someone close to Weinstein just 24 hours before the expose was published.

“I figured I could probably have gotten him up to three (million dollars),” she said, “but I was like, ‘Ew, gross, you’re disgusting, I don’t want your money, that would make me feel disgusting.'”

Weinstein has “unequivocally” denied all allegations of non-consensual sex.

– Cover Media

0

myTalk 107.1

Your Radio Home of Everything Entertainment.

myTalk 107.1 | Email | @mytalk1071

Share This Post