Scott Weiland died from accidental overdose
myTalk 107.1

Scott Weiland died from accidental overdose

Scott Weiland

Tragic rocker Scott Weiland died from an accidental overdose of cocaine, methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA) and alcohol, according to the official coroner’s report.

The former Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman’s body was found on his tour bus shortly before a scheduled concert in Bloomington, Minnesota on 3 December (15).

Initial reports suggested Weiland passed away from a cardiac arrest, but the Hennepin County Medical Examiner has since declared his cause of death was drug-related.

The coroner lists “multi-substance dependence” as a factor in his death, while he also suffered from “significant” heart disease and asthma.

Police found Xanax, sleeping pills, Viagra and medication used to treat his bipolar disorder on the tour bus and in the singer’s bedroom, but those drugs did not contribute to his passing.

“The above named individual died of mixed drug toxicity,” a statement from the Hennepin Medical Examiner reads. “Cocaine, ethanol and Methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA).”

Weiland was laid to rest in Los Angeles last week (ends11Dec15).

– Cover Media


myTalk 107.1

Your Radio Home of Everything Entertainment.

myTalk 107.1 | Email | @mytalk1071

Share This Post