As someone who has had several sun-related moles removed and biopsied, I realize the importance of protecting my skin from dangerous rays of the sun. As a teen, I would lie out at the beach all day, and in the winter I would go to tanning booths. As a result, all these years later, I have to monitor my skin for new developments.
So, when Consumer Reports came out with their annual list of best sunscreens on the market, it piqued my interest. They tested 34 different water resistant products and found these to be the most effective:
1. La Roche-Posay’s Anthelios 60 Melt-In Sunscreen Milk ($36)
2. Vichy Capital Soleil 50 ($28.50)
3. Coppertone Water Babies SPF 50 ($10.50)
4. Wal-Mart’s Equate Ultra Protection SPF 50 ($9)
Spray products with high marks include:
1. Banana Boat Sun Comfort Continuous Spray SPF 50+ ($11)
2. L’Oreal Quick Dry Sheer Finish 50+ ($11)
Yes, some are a little pricey, but it sure beats the potential costs of medical treatments.
So, when heading outside this summer, don’t forget the sunscreen!0